Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dad is SO SORRY. :-(











Dad is a goofball. I was cooking yesterday before Mommy got home, and I was holding Grace at the same time. I was in front of the stove and I had some pots on the eyes heating some food up for Grace and I. Grace kicked her legs up (she was barefoot) and her sweet little toes on her left foot hit the pot. :-( Needless to say, but it didn't take long for me to realize what had happen. Our little Gracie started losing it. And we have all been burned before, so we can understand how Grace was feeling. Anyway, I got some burn ointment out and put it on her toes and gave her some tylenol. She eventually calmed down and the night was fine. Well, this morning I reapplied some of the ointment and put a sockon . Thankfully, after I put the sock on Mommy noticed the burn was bleeding a little. I guess it was that motherly intuition. So Mommy took her to the doctor and got her prescribed something and got her foot bandaged up. I've got some pics of that I will be posting later.

So the main reason I am posting this is too apologize to Grace and Mom. I'm sorry I let this happen. It was only an accident, but I feel terrible. Grace is toughing it out and Mom isn't mad, but I just feel terrible. Grace, I love you and I'll be more careful next time, and Mom, I'll trust your intuition next time. Everybody else, please don't call DSS thinking I am a bad daddy. :-) I'll be posting again later today or later this week to update you on how Grace is doing. Thanks for reading.

Dad

2 comments:

  1. Of all the times we've checked stuff on the stove while holding one of the girls, we're just lucky nothing like this has happened to us. It could happen to anyone--it's hard to get everything done while caring for a little one! We definitely aren't going to do it anymore after reading this. I hope Gracie's foot feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Jesse shared with you the time she stuck her finger in the car's cigarette lighter . . . That's when we first became acquainted with Silvadeen cream. Hey, I didn't smoke so she didn't know what it was - how was I supposed to know she'd go poking around, sticking her fingers where they shouldn't be?

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here