Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

So Memorial Day weekend has just passed, and besides the unfortunate accident with Grace and the stove it was a pretty good weekend. Saturday I went to the Nationwide Race with some cousins and had a good time. While I was at the race Grace and Mommy were having fun at the pool. Mommy said that pool time wore Grace out. She said Grace was exhausted and slept real well that night. So I was looking forward to getting Grace in the pool later during the nice long weekend, but unfortunately it pretty much rained from that point on. But the weekend was still lots of fun.

On Sunday when I got back from my night with the boys, Grace and I headed to Spartanburg to see Me'me' and Pe'pe'. Mommy didn't have Memorial Day off, so that is why just Grace and I went. As I said it rained a lot, so we were in doors most of the time, but we had a great time. Me'me' and Pe'pe' loved seeing Grace and Grace loved seeing them. They fed us really well, grilled hamburgers and hotdogs Sunday night and salmon Monday night. Grace ate beautifully. They treated us pretty well too :-). I don't think Me'me' left Grace's side the entire time, besides bed time. However, even when Me'me' was asleep if she heard Grace cry she was up, and in Grace's and my room helping out. I took some great pics of all the fun we had and I will get them posted soon.

I took Tuesday off work, so Grace and I got back Tuesday. We got back home early and stopped by Mommy's work to surprise her. In the car I told Grace we were going to see Mommy and she got so excited. :-) Mommy took an early lunch and came home with us and had lunch. Then she had to go back to work of course, so Grace and I had some fun. I took her down to our neighborhood pool and she had a lot fun, and then I took her for a nice stroll around the neighborhood. Mom was right when she says that the pool time takes it out of Grace cause within 10 minutes of the stroll Grace was out like a light. So after the stroll Grace napped for about 2 hours and then we had bath time. Oh that reminds me, Me'me' and I would give Grace her baths on our visit and I think Me'me' was having as much fun as Grace. :-) I got some good pics of Me'me's bathing Grace. Anyway, after bath time we started dinner and that is when Grace and I had our little accident. Again Grace, I'm very sorry.

So that was our Memorial Day weekend. Grace had a great weekend. We love you very much Grace. Everybody else, thanks reading. ttyl
Dad

2 comments:

Comment Here