Friday, October 9, 2009

Grace's first weekend away from Mom and Dad

So this last weekend was an exciting one!!!! Grace spent her first night away from Mommy and I. She stayed with Me'me and Pe'pe'. Her cousins, Arianna and Landon, were also there. We took Grace down to meet Me'me' on Saturday and picked her up Sunday afternoon. Apparently she had a great time!!!!! :-) She played, laughed, and just had a lot of fun, which is great. I am really happy she enjoys spending time with her grandparents and her cousins. :-) I was a little scared at first. When we were meeting Me'me' to drop Grace off and we moved her from our car to Me'me's car, she had a face like, "what are ya'll doing? I hope you are both getting in here with me." We called to check on here after they drove off and she was fine. So that was good. Mommy wasn't doing as good though. She was probably more scared than Grace. Which I understand. We took a big step this weekend. Grace had never been away from us for a night before. Me'me' said she had a ball with everybody though. Arianna and Landon played with her and Me'me' and Pe'pe' played with her. The only part of that was tough was the night time. Grace is teething real bad right now. Her poor little gums are so swollen. They were hurting her on Saturday night and it made for a pretty restless night for everybody, but when we showed up on Sunday Grace was happy as a lark. Oh, one funny thing: Mom and I had a date night and at one point we found ourselves looking at the pictures of Grace on my camera. :-) We love our little girl. So very much, Gracie. You are our world. Anyway, needless to say it was an exciting weekend for everybody.

Just a quick update: Grace is walking so well these days. She is getting really good at it. :-) She'll be going on jogs with me before you know it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here