Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Second Christmas :-)

Well, Grace celebrated her second Christmas. I think she had a good time. I don't know if she really understands Christmas yet, but I do think she realizes something special is going on. Or at least something different than the usual. :-) Anyway, I took the day of Christmas eve off and that night we went to Ta'Ta' Brenda's and Popo Halsey's. :-) We saw a lot good friends and family, and Grace seemed to have a great time and was very well-behaved.

My cousin Cameron was there with his family. Cameron and his wife Tammy have a little one too. There little one, Jackson, is 7 months, so Grace had a buddy while we were there. They were real cute together. I hope as Grace and Jackson grow they become as good of friends as Cameron and I are.

While at the party everybody commented on how cute Grace is. Mommy and I love hearing that and thank everybody for there kind words. We were at the Christmas Eve party passed Grace's bed time, so needless to say she slept well that night. :-) We woke up that morning and let Grace open her gifts. To tell the truth she really wasn't interested in opening the gifts. Not to say she didn't enjoy her gifts once she started playing with them, she just had a tough time getting through the wrapping paper and would get her frustrated. Mommy and I helped though. :-)

After opening gifts Christmas morning we headed down to Me'me' and Pe'pe's. We also picked up Grandma Pat, Grace's Great-grandmother, before we showed up. We were so happy that Grandma Pat was able to spend the day with us. It was a really nice day. We had a lot of good conversation and ate some wonderful food.

Anyway, we stayed the rest of the weekend with Me'me' and Pe'pe'. They had a great time seeing Grace. They played with her and she talked to them. Well, she talked her talk. :-) Oh yeah, she was saying thank you all weekend. Me'me' emptied out a cabinet for her to play in, and as she took the pots out of the cabinet Grace helped. Me'me' would hand her a pot and say thank you and Grace would grad the pot and say thank you. It was real cute, and you know Mommy and I loved it. Our baby is a polite young lady. :-)

It was a wonderful weekend and second Christmas. Grace, we love you very much and are so proud of you. You are growing and learning so much, we are loving every minute of it. Thank you Grace, and thank you reader's. :-)

PS Mommy and I would like to thank Me'me' and Pe'pe' for taking care of Grace Saturday night, so Mommy and I could go to the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here