Thursday, May 6, 2010

Call her Miss Independent :-)

Hello all. Sorry it has been a minute since my last post. We have been busy with the new house. :-) Before I go any further I would just like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Thank you for everything.

Okay, well Grace is doing well. She has finally got accustomed to her new surroundings and she is loving it. She enjoys her bath time again, she has explored through nearly every room of the new house and is comfortable again, and she is sleeping... well the same way she used to sleep. :-) But that is all good. Mommy and I know how to handle it and Grace actually slept an entire night a few days ago.

However, concerning somethings she has become very independent. She wants to do most things on her own. She doesn't like to be carried anywhere, she doesn't like to have her food cut baby sized, and when she is done eating she likes to put her plate away herself and wash her hands. Grace is big girl now. So Mommy and I are going to let her be independent. She will be heading out into the world this evening. Eventually the bird must leave the nest. Good luck, Grace. Don't forget about us little people when you make it big. :-) No, but Mommy and I are letting her do some things on her on. So that is real exciting to see.

Recently, Grace and I have been working real hard on potty training. I have started to give her treats every time she uses the potty. It has actually made an impression on her. We still have a long way to go, but Grace is doing a great job. She actually used the potty at day care the other day. :-)

As far as Grace's health goes, she has been pretty healthy lately. At least no ear infections. The tubes are still intact. :-) However, she did just get over a little spat of pink eye and bronchitis. Something she picked up from one of her little buddies at day care. It wasn't too bad though. We got her some antibiotics and Grace was good to go. She is a trooper. For real. If it wasn't for a cough or an eye issue you wouldn't know she was not well. Even when Grace is ill her spirits our up. She just goes about her daily business. :-) We get her taken care of though.

Well, not much else is going on. Just taking it day to day and enjoying watching all of Grace's progress. She is growing up. She turned 18 months last month. A year and a half. It is wild how time flies. Mommy and I are going to turn around and she will 18 years old. I guess it is a little sad, but I'm really enjoying watching her grow and I can't wait to see what will happen next.

Grace, Mommy and I love you very much. You are our little angel. We would be lost without you. Thank you for everything. :-) Thank you to all of my readers as well. I'll try not to wait as long to update next time.

Dad

PS I'm going to try and post some recent photos; they should be on her soon.

1 comment:

  1. I was doing fine 'til you said you'd turn around and she'd be 18 someday. sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here