Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Grace turns 11 months!!


Woah, time has flown by and Grace has grown sooo sooo much!!! Yesterday was Grace's first day in the "big girl" room at her day care. Things that are different in the big girl room are that, they take a three hour nap from 11-2 on mats instead of in a crib, they sit at a little table in a chair and eat their snacks and lunch, they all wear shoes (so that they can go outside and play), and no bottles! Of course, I brought her bottles as well as the sippy cups just in case. I was a little nervous about her moving up, but I knew that she would more than thrive with the big kids. I dropped her off at 7:30, and at 9:30 called to check in on her, and was told that she was happy and playing. At 11:30, I went to visit her and she was sound asleep on her mat. She didn't take a bottle to go to sleep, the teacher just laid down with her and patted her back. I went and bought Grace some shoes after this, then at 12:30 went back to daycare to check in on her one more time, and she was STILL asleep!!! Then, at 3:00 pm, I called again to check in on her, and she was outside playing with her friends!! oh my, so grown up!! When I went to pick her up at 5, the teacher said that she never cried, and was very very happy and well adjusted!!!! I am soo proud of my little bebe....however, I am sad that she has grown up so much already. Last night, after seeing Grace rub her eyes a few times, I decided to put her to bed. Up until last night, the routine was to make a bottle and lay down with her and feed until she fell asleep. Well, last night was a 180, she didn't want the bottle, and I just layed there with her and she shut her eyes and within 10 minutes she was sound asleep. Three cheers for Grace!

3 comments:

  1. Hip Hip Hooray,
    Hip Hip Hooray,
    Hip Hip Hooray,

    Grace, Mom and I are so proud of you and we love you so much!!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for Grace, indeed!! She's like you - always wanting to play with her "fens"!! I can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I posted my comment in the wrong place, but I am a beginner and I am still learning. (he-he-he) Anyway, I love the letters of Grace's name and I love the picture of her sleeping on her mat. I am so glad she had a good day! I can't wait to see her "new shoes" with her in them! HUGS, Me`Me`

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here