Monday, September 20, 2010

Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh my!!!!!

Hello all, this last saturday we took Grace to Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC. First, I'll go ahead and end the suspense and let you all know that we did take photos. :-) I will post them after I get done with this post and another post. Don't worry, they will be short. :-)

Anyway, back to the zoo trip. Grace seemed to have a really good time. At first I think she was a little taken aback. You know, being somewhere she wasn't familiar with. However, she found her comfort zone and became her normal self, and started having a great time.

Grace got to see all sorts of different animals including: monkies/apes, lions, giraffes, elephants, zebras, ostriches, bears, tigers, chickens (that was probably her favorite animal of all), goats, llamas, and bunch of other animals with names I am not very familiar with. Now you would think seeing one of the animals would be a childs favorite part, right? Not Grace. I think her favorite part was the icee we got her. :-) That is okay though. Icee's are pretty good. :-)

The only thing that could have been nicer was the heat. It was still pretty hot outside, so that made it tough on all of us. By the end of the trip Grace was exhausted. Grace was asleep before we were even a 100 yards away from the zoo. :-)

Now you don't really think I didn't take Grace to the gift shop before we left, do you? :-) Of course I did. As we headed out we stopped in the gift shop and looked around. Grace found a lion and a tiger. I made her pick one though. She decided to go with the tiger. :-) She cuddled with her new friend the whole ride home. We got some good pics of it.

Anyway, we all had a lot of fun. Grace really enjoyed herself. The only sad part about the trip to me was the animals. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed looking at them. However, some of them looked so miserable. It really made you feel bad for them. Okay, I don't want to end the post on a sad note, so I'll stop.

Grace, we love you baby girl. Mommy and I are going to take you on a lot more fun outings, so if you don't remember this one there will be plenty more to come. Plus, you can always look back at the photos. :-)

Everybody else, I'll be back in a minute with another post about the weekend, and some PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here