Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Smartypants. For real.

Well, Grace may be a genius. :-) Okay, I don't know about that, but she is definitely above average. Here is the story:

This last weekend Grace, Mommy and I were outside playing with Grace's chalk. Grace and I were coloring on the driveway, and I said, "Grace, can you pass me the blue chalk?" What does she pass me? The blue chalk. So I say, "Grace, can you pass me the green chalk?" What does she pass me this time? The green chalk. There are six pieces of chalk colored blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, and pink. I went through every color and she handed me the right color each time. Mom and I thought that was pretty cool, considering Grace is not even 23 months yet. And not only does she visually recognize the colors she also can name the colors. Point at the color blue and ask her what color it is and she will tell you blue. :-) Grace is a smarty. :-)

Also this last weekend we were reading Grace a story about shapes, and she was able to do the same thing with most of the shapes as she could do with the colors. Point at a square and she will tell you it is a square, or ask which one is the square and she will point to the square. Grace did the samething with the circle, star, and triangle. It was pretty cool.

Grace, you are doing a great job developing!!!! Mom and I are so excited to watch you learn all these new concepts!! Keep up the good work Gracie-poo!! :-) Love you baby.

Dad

1 comment:

Comment Here